Thursday, July 06, 2006

Two different strategies

Wow, after a lot of digging, a single comment on AmandaUnboomed has finally been found that shows that there is at least one adult out there reading and posting, either that or Amanda is censoring all the adult comments?

Please don't hate me, but...

I understand the feeling to asplode the dirty laundry, but even though I'm a tremendous fan, I gotta say that the fight that's staring here is not professional.

This is why you have a mediator. Keep this away from the fans. RB will go on for a while with in interem host, fans will probably send in material to cover for you, and the show has to go on regardless of the current situation.

Amanda, to be blunt, quit acting like a dumped teenager. Stop telling the world Andrew is lying, even if he's making it all up, and take the high road. Figure this out privately, work out some type of PR arrangement, make a quick joke about it, and move on.. it worked for Norm McDonald and SNL!

PS. Please don't work exclusively on Television. I think everyone here loves you on the Internet.

Where are the other adults? I'm asking the same question. I know for a fact that at least on other very intelligently written comment was not posted to her blog, and yet over 100 raving "Amanda we love you" comments have been.

Is Amanda a bad person for blocking critical comments? Heck no! It's her perogative, this is a free Internet. What is bad is her approach, a strategy that is hardly beyond reproach. In guise of taking the high road she airs out dirty laundry all the while stating that doing so is exactly what she doesn't want to do... maybe a Romans 6:14-20 moment? Possibly and who am I to judge her motives, but I can tell you it doesn't look so altruistic.

Where is Andrew in all this? I suppose it is possible that he's hunkering down hoping beyond hope it will all blow over. Silly man, doesn't he realize this is Web 2.0... hardly anything blows over.

I suspect though that he's keeping his keyboard quiet because Amanda isn't. I believe he will be the winner in all this (regardless of how much truth Amanda is telling) just because he isn't digging a grave.

So I say, smart move, as much as I'd like to hear what you say I'm glad someone appears to be acting like an adult.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home